Freight forwarding is another core service offering at SCPL and all support activities are planned to ensure smooth movement of shipments within a framework of carefully monitored segments. Among the challenges we face in achieving this is the need to take into account regulatory changes and local environment conditions that come into play from source to destination.
At a flow chart level this calls for intelligent route optimization to coordinate the efficiencies of multiple carriers, routes and stopovers at ports and transit points. Here again efficiency, reliability and cost control are the attributes that customers look for.
Salient customer support features
- Accurate documentation and estimation based on budget simulations of pre-planned routes
- Working with reliable carriers and agents by drawing from individual capabilities and strengths
- Pooling shipments within common routes and rubber-banding of cargo for cost savings
- Real-time monitoring of events to oversee and prevent delays, stopovers and re-routing
FREIGHT FORWARDING HIGHLIGHTS
SCPL operates through an extensive network of domestic and global associates to offer end-to-end cargo handling capability. We have synergistic alliances with leading airlines and premier shipping companies - placing us in a unique customer support position. As a member of a global syndicate of cargo agents, SCPL has access to reliable shipping infrastructure worldwide, along with partner hubs in 25 countries. We also offer inland transport facilities for secure and dependable door-to-door deliveries. As freight forwarders, we provide both services between clients and selected shippers.
Our freight forwarding services cover the following areas:
Air & Sea Freight
- Member of the Global Logistics Network, a Global consortium of cargo agents having a reach of more than 400 agents
- Door-to-door services, personalized, dedicated, safe and secure handling of cargo from origin to destination
- Airway bill stocks of all major Airlines – can offer rates that are fair and competitive
- Working with Shipping Lines for LCL / FCL Shipments – can offer rates that are fair and competitive